Tucked away in a cozy corner of India, is the beautiful and breathtaking land of North-East. Surrounded by the pristine and mighty Himalayas, and a very soothing greenery makes it a must visit place for the tourists. Once known as a narrow stretch of land, this magnificent jewel is fast catching up and is on the way to becoming one of the tourist hotspots.
What is more alluring is the fact that, it has also a lot of variety to offer. Be it the dense green forests, the most amazing wildlife, the interesting culture, and the handicraft items are all a characteristic part of the North-East.
So we now take a look at some of the must-visit destinations of the North-East-
Kaziranga National Park, Assam-
- Home ground of the great Bramhaputra, this one is all nature personified.
- One of the mostfamous tourist attraction of the North-East it is home to one of the most endangered species (rhino) on this earth.
- It is acclaimed as the world heritage site and has around different species of mammals such as the Royal Bengal Tiger, the water buffalo, wild elephants, and the sambar
- The Safari is one of the most worth-taking of all and should be on your travel list.
Tawang Monastery, Arunachal Pradesh-
- Slowly gaining a lot of favoritism among travel enthusiasts, it is one of the most beautiful states in North India.
- One of the major tourist attractions is the Tawang Monastery.
- Situated at an altitude of 3300 meters, it is literally a stunning beauty among the entire North East. It has a very thin density of population, living quarters, museum.
- The monastery can accommodate around 700 monks at the same time.
Unakoti Hills, Tripura-
- Popularly known as the Queen of the Hills, this place is surrounded by Bangladesh from all sides.
- The free-flowing noise of the rivers and the captivating greenery are a must visit destination of this place.
- It is also a pilgrimage site.
Vantawang Falls, Mizoram-
- Surrounded by the most exhilarating landscapes along with the gushing sound of the waterfalls, it has some of the most important of nature’s jewels.
- The cascading waterfalls are every tourist’s delight and an absolute wonder to see.
- It is located about 150 km from Aizwal and is the highest waterfall in Mizoram.