Ajmer is the fifth largest city in Rajasthan, and the charming city is surrounded by the beautiful Aravalli hills. It is the perfect mixture of Hindu and Muslim cultures which makes it even more special and unique for you. The tourist places there is also a pilgrimage center for the Muslims as they are some of the most magnificent places and scenic locations. Being a blend of various cultures, Ajmer also boasts of a rich history which was ruled by various dynasties and cultures. Ajmer experiences a pleasant climate throughout the year and the best time to visit will be in October to December. However, make sure to pack your woollies as it can be a bit chilly and it will be a safe idea to pack with. If you wish to visit during the rains then you can plan during the month from July to September.
Ajmer is one of the most beautiful cities in Rajasthan and one of the most famous also. It has a rich history of the Raj put Royals and is a perfect blend of Hindu and Islam culture. It is famous for its dargahs and magnificent forts. The city has also witnessed numerous dynasties ruling it and has the rich culture for the same.
It is also one of the busiest cities of Rajasthan with a lot of interesting tourism activities taking place. It is also one of the most well-known pilgrimage centers and a place for Sufi worship also. However, one of the key highlights of Ajmer is the busiest and the very heavy crowds of the city which can be of a concern while traveling. The architectural marvels have a lot of cultural extravaganzas and are also one of the most sought-after places to see and explore for the tourist destination.
Some of the top places to visit in Ajmer are-
The Ajmer Sharif Dargah is one of the most important shrines of the Sufi’s.
One of the most populartourist destinations all around the world.
A lot of pilgrims also visit here and is one of the most visited shrines in the world.
- It also attracts more than 1000 visitors’ every day.
Abkari Fort and Museum
- The unique fact o this fort is that it is not built on any hill, like any other Mughal Fort.
- And it is also accessible since it is in the middle of the city.
It is a man-made lake, which was built by the Maharaja of Ajmer.
There is also a beautiful garden, with some of the most beautiful landscapes.
It is a very beautiful place to visit and one of the mostfamous places of the Mughals
- The place is one of the most well preserved and well kept of the Mughal era and one of the most well-known places in Ajmer.
- Located about 11 km from the city of Ajmer, it is one of the famous places around Ajmer.
- It is also a major haven for the tourists around the world
- One of the most noted among the place is that it has around 52 GHATS and a large number of temples.
- The place also holds a lot of religious and cultural significance and is an epitome of the rich Rajasthani culture.
- Here you will also find the perfect mixture of the Rajasthani and Mughal culture.
The Jain Temple-
Also known as the Lal Mandir is a very famous temple.
There is also a prayer area where there was the first Jain Tirthankar. It has around 3200 sq ft area and has a huge space.
It has also wooden gold representations, glass illustrations, and paintings.
The highlight of the place is that it has wooden gold representations
- It also has a rich amount of glass illustrations and paintings.
- A memorial to Prithviraj Chauhan, it is located on the Taragarh road in Ajmer.
- He is considered an icon and a much famous warrior along with being a torchbearer of strength and valor.
- It can be easily reached by local transport and the buses and taxis are available throughout.
- Also, the area is accessible from anywhere and any part of the city.